lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Richard Gunderson <Richard.Gunder...@honda-eu.com>
Subject Phrase Query query
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:56:18 GMT

Hi

I'm using PhraseQuery in conjunction with WhiteSpaceAnalyzer but it's
giving me slightly unusual results. If I have a text file containing the
text (quotes are just for clarity):

"Hello this is some text"

I don't find any results when I search.

But if I put spaces before and after the phrase:

" Hello this is some text "

then it does work. I'm breaking the phrase down into Terms, and setting the
slop to '0' by the way.

I'm kind of see that this makes sense, given the name: WhiteSpaceAnalyzer.
But aren't newlines, carriage-returns etc also treated as whitespace?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Richard Gundersen
Honda UK - ISD
Tel: +44 (0)1753 590681
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Honda
Motor Europe Ltd. or any of its group of companies.

If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

Visit our website: http://www.honda.co.uk