lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ravi" <ravi.jalada...@siti.com>
Subject :using different analyzers for indexing and searching:
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 10:51:53 GMT
Hi ,

I am using Standard Analyzer with stop words when I am trying to index my
documents.. but when I want to support wildcard functionality it is not
working with Standard Analyzer since it ignores the Punctuation character
where * and ? are also part of Punctuations . So I want to use another
analyzer for searcher. If I do like this will I get my required result or
not.. Most importantly I would like to know is this a  good practice to have
two different analyzers for two operations or same analyzer..

Thanks

Ravi Kumar Jaladanki