lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Satuluri, Venu_Madhav" <Venu.Madhav.Satul...@deshaw.com>
Subject RE: add word filtering?
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:48:27 GMT
Are you asking that common words not be searched? For this, you can use
StopFilter to prevent words from being indexed and searched.
Alternatively, you can use StandardAnalyzer, which in addition to
removing stop words also does more sophisticated tokenizing.

Venu

-----Original Message-----
From: abdul muhaimin [mailto:the13thshinobi@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 3:13 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: add word filtering?

Hi all

I'm really new to lucene. In fact I just found it when i googled a few
days
ago. Never thought that java have this kind of excellent library for
free.

I would like to ask a few questions, which is where to add if we would
like
to filter certain text from being searched, and filter certain results
from
being displayed, or display alternative result for filtered results when
we're using lucent? Instead of just editing the resutls .jsp page (from
the
demo) is there any better way?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance