lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Babu, KameshNarayana \(GE, Research, consultant\)" <kameshnarayana.b...@ge.com>
Subject RE: Hi Experts
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:42:34 GMT

"
-----Original Message-----
From: Ranjan K. Baisak [mailto:ranjanbaisak@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:06 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hi Experts

For internet searching Nutch is the best tool. But
however as you dont want to use cygwin then you need
to use Lucene in following way.
You need to download whole page and create an index
out of that page. Then use lucene to search offline
content than online.
I have used lucene in this way and I have really got a
good result to search my intranet.
I am not sure whether this would meet your
requirement.

BTW have you tried google api.

- R"

Dear Rajan, thanks for your mail.  Tats really a good idea. I can use Lucene after downloading
the webpage in the machine. Which tool (open source) you suggest me to download the webpage
to the local machine? Or Which (open source) tool you are using to do that?.

Regards
Kamesh

--- "Babu, KameshNarayana (GE, Research, consultant)"