lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Atomic index/search for a phrase
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:56:03 GMT

On Mar 8, 2006, at 11:13 PM, Urvashi Gadi wrote:
> I am trying index and search a phrase (multiple words seperated by
> spaces). How should i index it so that it remains atomic. I have
> observed that if i index the phrase are keyword, lucene doesn't let
> me retrive the phrase in search.

Please provide a simple example of how you're indexing and querying.

If you index "A Phrase" as untokenized, you would find it with a
TermQuery for "A Phrase".  You must use exact case.  If you're using
QueryParser, the text get analyzed and most analyzers lowercase.  If
this expression is quoted it would become a PhraseQuery with two
terms, or if it is unquoted it would become a BooleanQuery with two
TermQuery clauses - either way it would not match if you indexed the
phrase as untokenized.

	Erik