lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <>
Subject Re: Lucene 1.9.1 - How to determine from which machine the hit comes?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:49:02 GMT
On Mar 29, 2006, at 5:50 AM, pc123 wrote:
> I am searching over multiple indices in multiple machines using
> RemoteSearchable. Thus I get hits from various indices residing in
> different
> machines. My Client and server program is similar to one given in
> Lucene in
> Action book (Searching multiple indexes remotely).
> Is it possible to determine from which machine the hit comes?
> The solution I found is to store the machine name as a part of
> field name
> but this will lead to excessive code changes every time an index is
> move to
> another machine .I would like to find another solution.
> Thank you for having read this!

So you have a single RemoteSearchable on the client?  Or are you
using multiple RemoteSearchables behind a MultiSearcher?

With a MultiSearcher you can find out which searcher a hit comes
from, but I don't believe you can find that out with a single
RemoteSearchable hitting a search server that in turn is doing the

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message