lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Subject Commercial vendors monitoring this ML? was: Lucene Performance Issues
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:47:10 GMT
Weird, I was just about to comment on the fact that since posting that
my organization has decided to use Lucene, I got calls from two
commercial vendors that didn't give me the time of the day while I was
doing my comparison analysis.

Both of them referred to some random "colleague" in the business
referring them to me.

Jeff Wang
diCarta, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Otis Gospodnetic []
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: Lucene Performance Issues

Hi Thomas,

Sound like FUD to me.  No concrete numbers, and the benchmark they
mention.... eh, haven't we all seen "funny" benchmarks before?  Lucene
is used in many large operations (e.g. Technorati, Simpy) that involve a
LOT of indexing and searching, large indices, etc.  I suggest you try
both and see which one suits your needs.