lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eivind Hasle Amundsen <eivi...@ifi.uio.no>
Subject Greetings, community :)
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 03:43:03 GMT
Hello, World!

I'm totally new to Lucene, but I'll be dealing with it in my master
thesis (among other things) for the next year or so. I've acquired the
LIA book and started to have a brief look at the API.

First I want to thank Mr. Hatcher and Mr. Gospodnetic for what seems to
be an excellent introduction to Lucene, but not least Mr. Cutting and
the rest of the developers for Lucene itself.

I've started out fresh with the 1.9.1 release, trying to pick up the 2.0
API, and there seem to be quite some changes already with the basic
features. I'm already convinced they are for the better; more 'OO'
thinking (less static methods) and better flexibility, along with less
confusing naming conventions - that's my first impression. I bet there
are tons of others, too.

Hope to stay with you here for a while and looking forward to see Lucene
developing. Hatcher/Gospodnetic: The API change just gives me extra
excitement in following your book and adopting to the changes!

Best regards,

--
Eivind Hasle Amundsen | eivinha@ifi.uio.no

Student, Department of Informatics, University of Oslo
mob: +47 90789762 | web: http://www.eha.no/