lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Bychkoviak <vbychkov...@i-hypergrid.com>
Subject Re: File Name Search
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:45:10 GMT
Yes. It possible.
I've developed such search for our LAN shared files.

I'm using technique of rotating filenames to improve wildcard queries
performance.
details :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200506.mbox/%3cD3188A0C-B427-4286-9D1C-AE5E98BFBE84@ehatchersolutions.com%3e

Other improvements:
WildCardQuery is rewritten into ConstantScoreQuery.
Also I've increased IndexWriter.termInterval from 128(default) to 2000.
Before this change memory consumption was too high.

Now index has about 10M docs and size about 4Gb (primarily because of
storing full path to file) and runs fine with -Xms100M memory limit.
It has simple web interface implemented with HTTPD
<http://elonen.iki.fi/code/nanohttpd/> java HTTP server.

File list is refreshed every 3 days for every workstation.

For assessing network files I'm using JCIFS (jcifs.samba.org)

Questions?