lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eugene <echot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help interpreting explanation
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:55:46 GMT
Hi,

Since i'm using a boolean OR query i figured it must be related to the
BooleanScorer (though there's a more complicated BooleanScorer2 which
I'm not sure when it's use).

Looking at the BooleanScorer code it's probably a little over my head as
I'm still a beginner to Lucene.

But, I would appreciate if someone could point me to the method where
the searcher iterates over all query terms and outputs the score. I grep
  both the Searcher classes and the BooleanScorer classes but can't find it.

Also, I would like to know whether will the sloppyFreq "kick in" if I'm
just using a Boolean OR query or is this only for phrase queries? And
how do I disable this so that it'll always be 1.0 without overwriting
the method?

Thanks for all the help so far.