lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Boosting a token in the query
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:41:04 GMT
Unfortunately I'm not sure what boosting capabilities were available
in 1.2, but that syntax is correct for the 1.4+ at least.

And I'm sure the Explanation feature is not available in 1.2, but
with more recent versions of Lucene you'd be able to see the effect
of the boosts on the score.

Does Query have a setBoost() in 1.2?   If so, maybe the parser didn't
support boosts at that time?   Sorry I'm not of more help.

	Erik