lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Schetinin" <ascheti...@entopia.com>
Subject RE: Distributed Lucene..
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:31:48 GMT
Hi,

Sure not. We created another IndexWriter class and modified its function
addIndexes (if I remember the function name correctly) so it will not
call to optimize at the end - that's all.
Having unique segment names was necessary because the segment file name
is used inside the file itself, and cannot be changed on the fly.

Best Regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Schetinin
C++ System Architect

www.entopia.com

Entopia Awards:
"Visionary in Enterprise Search Magic Quadrant" Gartner Group
"Best Search Engine" SIIA Codie Award
"Trend Setting Product" KMWorld Magazine