lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From pc123 <pra...@myway.com>
Subject Lucene 1.9.1 - How to determine from which machine the hit comes?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:50:25 GMT

I am searching over multiple indices in multiple machines using
RemoteSearchable. Thus I get hits from various indices residing in different
machines. My Client and server program is similar to one given in Lucene in
Action book (Searching multiple indexes remotely).
Is it possible to determine from which machine the hit comes?

The solution I found is to store the machine name as a part of field name
but this will lead to excessive code changes every time an index is move to
another machine .I would like to find another solution.

Thank you for having read this!