lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From pksunilpk <pksuni...@gmail.com>
Subject Parallel MultiSearcher
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:32:24 GMT

What I have understood from Lucene Remote Parallel Multi Searcher Search
Procedure is first compute the weight for the Query in each Index
sequentially (one by one, eg: - calculate "query weight" of index1 first and
then index2) and then perform searching of each index one by one and merge
the results.

I want to know is there any possibility or method to merge the weight
calculation of index 1 and its search in a single RPC instead of doing the
both function in separate steps.

Another query I have to clear is In RemoteParallelMultiSearcher the method
"docFreq (Term term)" is not parallelized, why it is not
parallelized, and please specify any reason for that.

Thanks,
Sunil