lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From depsi programmer <depsi_program...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Compound Indexes Problem
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:36:25 GMT
Hello,
Thanks for your responce.
can you please guide me on how to break this single index into multiple pieces. when I try
to do so it corrupts the index.
I had created a index with max merge docs set to 10,000 with set compound indexes set to true.
now I called optimize with max merge docs set to 100 and the index was curropted
Thanks
Depsi

Dennis Kubes <nutch-dev@dragonflymc.com> wrote: According to the Lucene In Action book
you can convert from one compound to
multi-file and vice versa by setting the setCompoundFile method to true or
false.  But in running this myself I found that while I can convert from
multi-file to compound, it doesn't convert back.  Here is the code that I
used.

    try {
      System.setProperty("org.apache.lucene.lockDir",
"lock-directory-path-here");
      String idxDir = "index-directory-path-here";
      IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(idxDir, new StandardAnalyzer(),
false);
      writer.setUseCompoundFile(false);
      writer.optimize();
      writer.close();