lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Amol Bhutada" <Am...@synechron.com>
Subject to OR or not
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:06:29 GMT
Hi everybody,
I am using lucene in almost every web application I am working on. It's simply a great software.
I have developed an advanced search with Lucene 1.4. Now I am looking for developing a fuzzy
search i.e get one search string from the user and search across all fields of member documents.

I can think of two options :
- form a OR query using given search string for all fields
- add one more field ( say keyword ) to the member document with all information of the user.

- Are there any other options ?
- Which will be a better option for the system which has arround one million documents each
having 20 fields and performance is a major concern?

thanks
Amol

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.synechron.com

Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and the views
expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Synechron, and its Directors, Management
or Employees. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail by error, and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
You shall be under obligation to keep the contents of this e-mail, strictly confidential and
shall not disclose, disseminate or divulge the same to any Person, Company, Firm or Entity.
Even though Synechron uses up-to-date virus checking software to scan it's emails please ensure
you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this transmission.
Synechron does not accept any liability for viruses
 or vulnerabilities. The rights to monitor all e-mail communication through our network are
reserved with us.