lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Lynch <pabloly...@yahoo.com>
Subject FunctionQuery example request
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:00:37 GMT
Hi,

have implemented the DistanceComparatorSource example
from Lucene In Action (my Bible) and it works great.
We are now in the situation where we have nearly a
million documents in our index and the performance of
this implementation has degraded.

I have downloaded and am trying to understand the
org.apache.solr.search.function classes created by Mr
Seeley but must admit to being a little bit out of my
league with all the different elements involved. I
have read through various threads which make reference
to using the FunctionQuery class for different means
but I am struggling to fully understand the steps I
need to take.

Can someone please spare a couple of minutes to give
me an example of how I would implement a FunctionQuery
to score each of the documents matched in my boolean
query?

Regards,
Paul