lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Amol Bhutada" <>
Subject closing searcher
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 00:14:49 GMT
I am using lucene in a j2ee based webapplication. I have created a one instance of reader
and searcher object and trying to use that for all searches from different users without recreating/refreshing
reader & searcher objects.

Is this fine?
I am asking this because I am reading

where it's writtne that for every search, after getting documents, close searcher object.

I am getting IOEXception bad file descriptor.

Please give me some directions.

Sent via the WebMail system at

Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and the views
expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Synechron, and its Directors, Management
or Employees. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail by error, and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
You shall be under obligation to keep the contents of this e-mail, strictly confidential and
shall not disclose, disseminate or divulge the same to any Person, Company, Firm or Entity.
Even though Synechron uses up-to-date virus checking software to scan it's emails please ensure
you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this transmission.
Synechron does not accept any liability for viruses
 or vulnerabilities. The rights to monitor all e-mail communication through our network are
reserved with us.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message