lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: Setting the COMMIT lock timeout.
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:37:39 GMT
On Dienstag 14 März 2006 10:52, Jim Bedford-roberts wrote:

> Admittedly we could have developed a single central search component,
> but given the way the code has evolved our current approach is simplest
> for us. With separate application instances sharing access to the same
> index we are getting occasional COMMIT lock time outs even while using
> singleton IndexSearchers in each application.

Have you already tried using Lucene 1.9 without my patch? Because there was
another bug in 1.4 that made the default timeout not work. From the
changelog:

7. Getting a lock file with Lock.obtain(long) was supposed to wait for
    a given amount of milliseconds, but this didn't work.
    (John Wang via Daniel Naber, Bug #33799)

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de