lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From zzzzz shalev <zzzzz_sha...@yahoo.com>
Subject carrot2 vs. vivisimo
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 22:18:52 GMT
hey all,

  my team has been working for the last couple of days on integrating carrot2 into our project
as a sort of src (search result clustering) solution.

  i was rather impressed with the results, until i checked out vivisimo's demo and saw a bit
of a difference quality wise,

  has anyone thoroughly compared the two? algorithm wise and quality wise?

  (i believe nutch uses carrot2, so that definitely gives it credibility in my book...)

  thanks in advance,,,,