lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Madhusudan, Veda \(Norcross, DAV\)" <Madhu...@UnisourceLink.Com>
Subject Boosting a token in the query
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 15:19:44 GMT
Is there a way to boost a token while querying? Example, in the
following query +(DESC:sheets DESC:sheet), can the token 'sheets' be
boosted and given higher precedence over 'sheet' so the results matching
'sheets ' appear before those for 'sheet'? I am using lucene 1.2. I
tried using the boost factor for 'sheets' so the query would read:
+(DESC:sheets^2.0 DESC:sheet), but that did not help.

I have read overriding getFieldQuery of QueryParser would help boost
terms/tokens, but this is not available in lucene 1.2. Nor is the
IndexSearcher's explain method.

Any ideas on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks.