lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rami Hansenne" <>
Subject RE: Search for synonyms - implemenetation for review
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:59:32 GMT

I've been working on a project where Lucene queries were expanded with
synonyms/related concepts and used a DisjunctionMaxQuery with lower
boost factors for the synonym subqueries. This solved part of the
problem, but still a number of annoying side effects remained. I've
experimented a little with your implementation on my data sets and the
results look very promising. Hope this code makes it to the sandbox. I
also like Mark's idea of a common implementation for all kinds of query
expansion (synonyms, related terms, fuzzy variations,...).

Best regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message