lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Pradeep Sharma <prad...@danicorp.com>
Subject two applications accessing same index
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 19:49:08 GMT
I have two applications, one which will be generating all the indexes and the second one which
will be reading those indexes. I cannot keep them in the same application, because one will
run all the times in batches via some sort of scheduler to generate the indexes and the application
which will read the indexes is a web service, so it will run within the web server's context.

Can I do this or is it not advisable to have two separate applications access the same index?
Is there some other best practise to accomplish this?

Thanks
Pradeep