lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Keegan" <peterlkee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Throughput doesn't increase when using more concurrent threads
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:00:39 GMT
Hi Otis,

The Lucene server is actually CPU and network bound, as the index gets
memory mapped pretty quickly. There is little disk activity observed.

I was also able to run the server on a Sun box last night with 4 dual core
opterons (same Linux and JVM) and I'm observing query rates of 400 qps! Has
Linux been optimized to run on this hardware? I imagine that Sun's JVM has
been.

Peter