lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: time of search for an index with the file .FDT much large
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 16:20:53 GMT
20 seconds does seem like a long time to retrieve the stored fields of
the 3000 documents.  However, you should also step back and determine
if you really need to do that, or if there is another way to narrow
the number of documents that need to be read from disk.

-Yonik

On 2/6/06, Antonio Bruno <ntnbrn80@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have an index with 2,5 million documents.
> A document is formed in this way:
> - 15 fields index
> - 1 field stored but not indexed, whose value is one string of 500 byte.
> A search in average gives back the 3000 document. As 3000 id of documents is given back
a lot fastly, the 3000 documents instead demands at least 20sec. for being given back!!!