lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Java Programmer" <jprogrami...@gmail.com>
Subject Hitmaps of results (number of results for category/filter or groupping results)
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:12:14 GMT
Hello,
I'm quite new to Lucene but I pretty amazed with her abilities. My question
consider something called commonly as "hitmap" is it possible to do it in
Lucene, maybe someone did it already, or maybe even it is built-in?
By term hitmap we describe e.g. ability to group results into category, for
example when searching eBay you get also an hitmap of results within
category (Computers [10], Sports [111], etc.) . So is it possible to do this
in Lucene, without huge CPU/time consumption?
I appreciate for any hints for this problem,

Best Regards
Adrian