lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Fabio Insaccanebbia" <finsaccaneb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: webserverless search with lucene on offline HTML doc
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:21:24 GMT
The signed applet is surely a simpler and more elegant solution..

In some projects however this could not be a viable option:
the "System properties problem" you have pointed out (and I had missed
:-) is hopefully going to be solved in 1.9
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-369)

Fabio

P.S.: is there any possibilty to have a look at your quick and dirty
implementation of the JarDirectory? I've written a
"JarReadOnlyDirectory" but it was "very dirty" and not even so quick
for me to write :-(

> I wrote a quick and dirty implementation of a JarDirectory - it works, but a new problem
is encountered soon after: The indexWriter requires information from the System properties;
an applet is allowed to read only a limited set of Properties.