lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Word files & Build vs. Buy?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:03:14 GMT
On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Christiaan Fluit wrote:
> Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. Having this in POI would benefit me
> a lot though, as I hardly understand the POI basics to be honest (my
> fault, not POI's).

OK, that's now in POI (you'll need a scratchpad build from late yesterday
or today, see http://encore.torchbox.com/poi-cvs-build/ for jars)

The code is in org.apache.poi.hwpf.extractor.WordExtractor, and it
supports grabbing all the text, or grabbing an array of the text in each
paragraph

If you have any problems/queries/comments on it, then you'll probably get
a better response on poi-user than here!

Nick