lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <>
Subject Re: Word files & Build vs. Buy?
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:03:14 GMT
On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Christiaan Fluit wrote:
> Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. Having this in POI would benefit me
> a lot though, as I hardly understand the POI basics to be honest (my
> fault, not POI's).

OK, that's now in POI (you'll need a scratchpad build from late yesterday
or today, see for jars)

The code is in org.apache.poi.hwpf.extractor.WordExtractor, and it
supports grabbing all the text, or grabbing an array of the text in each

If you have any problems/queries/comments on it, then you'll probably get
a better response on poi-user than here!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message