lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Help with mass delete from large index
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 01:21:27 GMT

: I can create a test case; should I include an index
: along with it (it could be rather large)?

the ideal test case creates the index in it's constructor or setUp method.
since the index is going to be totally artificial, the data doesn't
matter, just theterm you want to delete on (and they can probably be
sequenial based on your description of the problem)

take a look at BaseTestRangeFilter for an example of what i mean...

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/src/test/org/apache/lucene/search/BaseTestRangeFilter.java?rev=150661&view=markup

(too bad i declared the index in that class to be of type RAMDirectory,
otherwise you could just subclass it)

-Hoss