lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Too many required clauses for a BooleanQuery
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:14:55 GMT

: I need all the documents returned from the search and am manipulating the
: results with a custom HitCollector, therefore I can't use filters.

I don't understand this comment.  There are certianly methods in the
Searchble interface that allow you to use both a Filter and a HitCollector
together -- as for "need all the documents returned from the search" ...
I'm not suggesting you filter out any docs your query doesn't allready
restrict out because of hte required clauses.  I'm just saying that
instead of a few dozen required clauses, you use a Filter like the one
previously posted in this thread.  if you need to combine those "required"
filters with other optional condition,s you cna do that using a
ChainedFilter (or writting your own custom Filter that unions the BitSets
yourself)

-Hoss