lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Powers" <>
Subject RE: IndexSearcher
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:35:10 GMT
This doesn't really address your question, but...

Once you have the single indexsearcher, do you need any others?   Could
your app just use the single instance?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gus Kormeier []
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:28 AM
Subject: IndexSearcher

Maybe too general a question, but is there anything about creating an
IndexSearcher( directory) object that would make the instantiation

I have one index where the instantiation is very fast, to the point
where I
don't need to do any pooling.  A new index I have created, takes a very
time to create the IndexSearcher object.  With a 30mb index, it can take
about 30 seconds just to instantiate an IndexSearcher().  It almost
like it is reading the index at that point.

The only difference between the indexes has been the # of fields
The newer one only having one field indexed.

Any ways to speed up that instantiation? Or do I have to use a pooling

Thanks for any suggestions,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: