lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Haritha_Parvatham" <Haritha_Parvat...@satyam.com>
Subject How to Configure lucene using tomcat
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:53:33 GMT

Hi erik,
Iam sorry for using the same subject line.

I believe that snowball uses porter stemming algorthim.Is there is any
other alternative for snowball.Because I want stemmer which supports
multilingualism.
Please help me in configuring lucene step by step in my systemI have
downloaded lucene binaries

Thank you
Haritha
-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 5:12 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Filter Field.Keyword possible?

Haritha - please do not hijack threads (meaning you're replying to a
message with one subject, but starting a new one with the same "subject"
line).  Please create a brand new message to the list with a new
subject.

The SnowballAnalyzer is available in Lucene, which incorporates the
Snowball stemming algorithm.   There is also a PorterStemFilter using
the Porter stemmer (precursor to Snowball) built into Lucene 1.4.3.

	Erik

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:33 AM, Haritha_Parvatham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lucene uses stemmer for supporting multilingualism.The stemming
> algorthim differs from language to language.
> Can you tell me how many different types of stemmer available & which
> stemmer lucene supports.I believe it supports snowball stemmer.I have
> downloaded the snowball stemmer .it supports few languages.The source
> files are in Core 'C' language.I have compiled C file using C
> compiler.Now I want to know how Snowball can be implemented in lucene
>
> Thanks

DISCLAIMER: