lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Haritha_Parvatham" <Haritha_Parvat...@satyam.com>
Subject RE: Filter Field.Keyword possible?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:33:00 GMT

Hi,

Lucene uses stemmer for supporting multilingualism.The stemming
algorthim differs from language to language.
Can you tell me how many different types of stemmer available & which
stemmer lucene supports.I believe it supports snowball stemmer.I have
downloaded the snowball stemmer .it supports few languages.The source
files are in Core 'C' language.I have compiled C file using C
compiler.Now I want to know how Snowball can be implemented in lucene

Thanks
-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:57 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Filter Field.Keyword possible?

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:14 AM, Haritha_Parvatham wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there some one to guide to deploy lucene 1.4.3.
> Iam having lucene 1.4.3 sources.Please tell me the procedure to run
> lucene in my system.Iam using windows as os.

First steps are to familiarize yourself with just what exactly Lucene
is.  You don't "deploy" Lucene, per se.  It simply(!) a library, a JAR
in Java terms.  Lucene itself becomes integrated into your application
just like any other 3rd party library.

I recommend you begin by reading any of the freely available articles
online - http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/Resources - and  the
wonderful (hey, even I think so ;) "Lucene in Action" book.

	Erik

DISCLAIMER: