lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Haritha_Parvatham" <Haritha_Parvat...@satyam.com>
Subject RE: Filter Field.Keyword possible?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:14:29 GMT

Hi,
Is there some one to guide to deploy lucene 1.4.3.
Iam having lucene 1.4.3 sources.Please tell me the procedure to run
lucene in my system.Iam using windows as os.
Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: Samuru Jackson [mailto:samurujackson@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 4:41 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Filter Field.Keyword possible?

Hi again!

>         2) Use a QueryFilter with that same TermQuery, and apply that
> Filter to your search method.

Thanks for the hint - I just bought "Lucene in Action" and now I'm more
into it :-)

But at this point I'm facing some Filter problems again.

As proposed in LiA the easiest way would be to use the QueryFilter for
my problem. I just create a Term for "type" in my last example and thats
all.

**But** what if I want to create a whole set of filters?

For example I add documents to my index like the way above:

Document document = new Document();
document.add(Field.Keyword("id", id));
document.add(Field.Keyword("type", type));
document.add(Field.Text("content", content));

Now I want to search through only the documents with the ids 1, 12, 33,
44, 55, 87 and 123 plus "type" must be filtered to something too to make
it much more complicated.

Can anyone give me a hint again ;-)

Thanks!

Samuru