lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Terms not being found in query
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 11:39:38 GMT

On Feb 4, 2006, at 1:09 AM, kate wrote:
> i have an index with documents containing n-grams, in fields such as
> "3gram", "4gram", etc.  one 5-gram found in the text is "oswax".
> using
> Luke, i can see that a field with this value exists for a particular
> document.  however, searching for "5gram:oswax" produces no results
> (either
> using a query constructed by the query parser, or manually).  the n-
> gram
> fields are indexed and stored, but not tokenised.
>
> i have tried setting maxFieldLength to Integer.MAX_VALUE with no
> change.
>
> why do i receive no results?

It looks like you've got all the troubleshooting bases covered, so
I'm not sure what to suggest other than for you to post a simple test
case that demonstrates the issue.  If you see the term in Luke, and
it is indexed, then it most definitely can be used to find the
document using a TermQuery (I hope that is what you meant as
"manually").  If you're using QueryParser "manually", then perhaps
your analyzer is causing an issue?   What is the .toString of your
Query?

Setting maxFieldLength isn't the issue, otherwise you wouldn't have
seen the term in Luke.

	Erik