lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jw...@dicarta.com
Subject Re: Lucene CPU Utilization
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:59:35 GMT
We're going to run into this issue when dealing with some of our larger customers.

What we plan on doing is to separate our indexers in to separate cpus, and then throttle them
by using sleep(100) or some other number to be determined in testing.  We also plan on doing
this over 2 weekends, since our user base on the weekend is probably 10% of that on a weekday.
 We'll merge the generated indexes into a master index at the end of each weekend, so the
users can search on half (hopefully) of the documents in the first week of deployment and
all in the second week.

Jeff Wang
diCarta, Inc.