lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jw...@dicarta.com
Subject Re: Build vs. Buy?
Date Sat, 11 Feb 2006 00:49:25 GMT

The reason we don't use Google appliance is that our company doesn't give recommendations
on OSs or Hardwares to run, it would looke a little wierd if we say, oh, you have to buy this
hardware for our search engine, but for our core technology, feel free to deploy it anywhere
you want.  It just doesn't make sense.

Thanks everyone for their comments on this topic and the Word document topic.  I've looked
at the extractors for Aperture (thanks again!) and have renewed confidence now.  I'll definitely
be pushing for Lucene with the decision makers.

Jeff Wang