lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mordo, Aviran (EXP N-NANNATEK)" <aviran.mo...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: Speedup indexing process
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 18:33:30 GMT
After indexing is done, you can copy the index files and merge them to
one large index. Or you can maintain several small indexes and search
across indexes.

Aviran

http://www.aviransplace.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Java Programmer [mailto:jprogramista@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 5:18 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Speedup indexing process

Hi,
Maybe this question is trivial but I need to ask it. I've some problem
with indexing large number of documents, and I seek for better solution.
Task is to index about 33GB text data CSV (each record about 30kB), it
possible of course to index these data but I'm not very happy with
timings (about 26 hours), so I want to know how can i speed up this
process. First I think about splitting CVS file into smaller ones, eg
5GB and index them on 6 indexing computers, but now is my question - can
I join such parts into one index after indexing jobs on each computer is
finished? I saw example wit RAMDirectory which could be merged with
FSDirectory, but this example was about same IndexWriter, in my case I
need some separate IndexWriters on few computers. So does it possible
with Lucene?

Thx in advance for hints,
Adrian