lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "emerson cargnin" <echofloripa.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Restricting the number of docs per search field
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:42:48 GMT
Hi all

Due a performance problem, I'm looking a way of restricting the docs
returned based of the number of docs which a field has the same value. At
the moment we just discard the docs if more than a X number for the same
field, but I think it can be done by lucence, hence improving a lot the
performance, as now it can return a hundred of docs for the the field value,
when just the first 4-5 will be really used.

thanks
Emerson