lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chun Wei Ho <cwho.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggesting refine searches with Lucene
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:41:11 GMT
Thanks. But I am actually looking for approaches/libraries which will
help me to come up with the suggested "refine searches".

For example I might search for "accident" on the headlines at a news
site, which would come back with lots of hits. I am looking for
something that would analyze the headlines (or some other specified
text field) of all those hits and come up with a list of refined
searches that would return a specific/considerable subset of the
results, e.g. "Traffic", "plane", "boating", etc, being frequent
occurrences of headline text in news that include "accident" in the
headlines.

I guess its a matter of finding frequently occurring subsequences with
some intelligent guessing but I was hoping that someone else better
would have already done it in a library that I could adapt.

Regards,
CW