lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Trieschnigg, R.B. \(Dolf\)" <r.b.trieschn...@ewi.utwente.nl>
Subject RE: webserverless search with lucene on offline HTML doc
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:12:36 GMT
> Wouldn't this be a good case for the JarDirectory implementation
> somebody asked for?
> The index could then be statically written in a jar file downloaded
> with the applet (the original mail refers to static offline HTML
> files).

I wrote a quick and dirty implementation of a JarDirectory - it works, but a new problem is
encountered soon after: The indexWriter requires information from the System properties; an
applet is allowed to read only a limited set of Properties.

Especially with an offline applet I would stick to the solution of signing the applet.

Dolf.