lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Filter Field.Keyword possible?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:27:05 GMT

On Feb 28, 2006, at 6:14 AM, Haritha_Parvatham wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there some one to guide to deploy lucene 1.4.3.
> Iam having lucene 1.4.3 sources.Please tell me the procedure to run
> lucene in my system.Iam using windows as os.

First steps are to familiarize yourself with just what exactly Lucene
is.  You don't "deploy" Lucene, per se.  It simply(!) a library, a
JAR in Java terms.  Lucene itself becomes integrated into your
application just like any other 3rd party library.

I recommend you begin by reading any of the freely available articles
online - http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/Resources - and  the
wonderful (hey, even I think so ;) "Lucene in Action" book.

	Erik