lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gus Kormeier <g...@altrec.com>
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:27:35 GMT
Maybe too general a question, but is there anything about creating an
IndexSearcher( directory) object that would make the instantiation really
slow?

I have one index where the instantiation is very fast, to the point where I
don't need to do any pooling.  A new index I have created, takes a very long
time to create the IndexSearcher object.  With a 30mb index, it can take
about 30 seconds just to instantiate an IndexSearcher().  It almost seems
like it is reading the index at that point.

The only difference between the indexes has been the # of fields indexed.
The newer one only having one field indexed.

Any ways to speed up that instantiation? Or do I have to use a pooling
system?

Thanks for any suggestions,
-Gus