lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From paolo berto <pbe...@jupiter-jazz.com>
Subject Re: webserverless search with lucene on offline HTML doc
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:48:48 GMT
On Feb 20, 2006, at 12:42 PM, Fabio Insaccanebbia wrote:

> Wouldn't this be a good case for the JarDirectory implementation
> somebody asked for?
> The index could then be statically written in a jar file downloaded
> with the applet (the original mail refers to static offline HTML
> files).
>
> It could even be a great idea for improving the Maven site-plugin :-)
> [I mean: when you create the Maven generated site a Lucene based
> plugin could index it, create the jar index and then add the "applet"
> to the Maven pages]

I have no idea what was asked since I just registered to this mailing
list,
but what I would like to end up is my HTML folder with our software
documentation, then a search.jar file which contains all my index and
then, with a simple java applet be able to query such file and
provide results always in the applet page.

paolo