lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Hit Highlighting: To store or not to store?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:14:44 GMT
Hugh,

Both approaches are certainly in use in various projects.  I
typically opt for option #1, but that is because it is feasible
giving the data I work with, and how it is managed.

However, the decision is really based on the size of the text to be
highlighted and whether it makes sense to store it or just access it
on the fly.

	Erik