lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Papke ...@thopap.de>
Subject Question to Lucene Index
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:09:30 GMT
Hello there,

i am a "newby" in usage of Apache Lucene. If have a relativly big
database indexed by lucene (about 300MB File). Up to now - all users
could search over the hole index. How to restrict the resultset? I have
tried it with adding some BooleanQuerys to restrict entries. But with
this solution i get sometimes a "More than 32 required/prohibited
clauses in query." Exception. Anyone a solution for my that problem or
some sites for me where i could look at (with some examples)? Or is
there a way to generate (relativly fast) a subindex?

Thanks a lot for answer,

Thomas