lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mufaddal Khumri <mkhu...@allegromedical.com>
Subject Getting no hits ...
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:16:42 GMT
I have been trying to figure out why my query below would not return any
hits.

I use two custom analyzers for indexing and searching. The one I use for
indexing uses this:

    public TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader)
    {
        TokenStream result = new StandardTokenizer(reader);
        result = new StandardFilter(result);
        result = new LowerCaseFilter(result);
        result = new StopFilter(result, stopSet);
        result = new SynonymFilter(result, new MySynonymEngine());
        result = new PorterStemFilter(result);
        return result;
    }

The one I use for searching uses this:

    public TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader)
    {
        TokenStream result = new StandardTokenizer(reader);
        result = new StandardFilter(result);
        result = new LowerCaseFilter(result);
        result = new StopFilter(result, stopSet);
        result = new PorterStemFilter(result);
        return result;
    }

(Basically while searching I do not use the SynonymFilter.)

I have quite a few products that I index that have the text on which I
am querying on.

I do a search for this: ES-20D

This is the final query that I run:
+(+content:es\-20d) +entity:product +(title:"es\-20d"~2^40.0
((title:es\-20d)^10.0) content:"es\-20d"~2^20.0 (content:es\-20d)
categoryName:"es\-20d"^80.0)

(The content and title fields are Indexed, Tokenized and Stored. The
categoryName field is Indexed and Stored.)

I get no hits?

Where am i going wrong with this? Any pointers?

-Thanks.