lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Pratt <fairwi...@eastlink.ca>
Subject Re: Searching/sorting strategy for many properties for semantic web app
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 02:01:38 GMT
Hi Erik. Many thanks for your reply. I'll likely see if I can find a
list to pose a couple of questions there way. I am having fun with
Lucene since it is new to me and I am impressed with the speed I am
getting. I am reading anything I can get hold of and trying different
code experiments. So far, the code is fairly straight forward so not so
concerned about this at the moment.

I am really hoping to hear from experienced people like yourself more on
strategically what to index, what sort of things it would be a good idea
to store and what to do about a fairly large schema that has much
metadata to offer. Also perhaps when sorting and filtering gets too
expensive. I realize that just because the metadata is available doesn't
necessarily mean you want to even put it all in an index. I think these
issues are pretty general, however I know there are folks on this that
would likely advise some particular path or direction because of their
own experiences with Lucene. I would really like to hear from anyone
that has been working with metadata particularly or anyone generally
about these topics.

Regards,
David