lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Noll <dan...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: How can I get a term's frequency?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 00:57:43 GMT
sog wrote:
> en, but IndexReader.getTermFreqVector is an abstract method, I do not
> know how to implement it in an efficient way. Anyone has good advise?

You probably don't need to implement it, it's been implemented already.
 Just call the method.

> I can do it in this way:
>
> QueryTermVector vector= new QueryTermVector(Document.getValues(field));
> freq = result.getTermFrequencies();

I'm not sure because I've never used QueryTermVector before, but the
fact that QueryTermVector doesn't take an IndexReader as a parameter is
a good indication that it can't tell you anything about the frequency of
the term in your documents.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Australia Pty Ltd
Suite 79, 89 Jones St, Ultimo NSW 2007, Australia
Phone: (02) 9280 0699
Fax:   (02) 9212 6902