lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Jain <Eric.J...@isb-sib.ch>
Subject Re: Boolean Precedence
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:46:43 GMT
Erik Hatcher wrote:
> I worked on it to a point, but I don't recall what open issues there
> were when I left it though they were fiddly.  The test case may point
> you in the right direction:
>
>     <http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/miscellaneous/src/test/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/precedence/TestPrecedenceQueryParser.java?view=markup>

Didn't run these tests (maybe later, too lazy to set up the build
environment at the moment), but I just swapped in the
PrecedenceQueryParser, and all looks fine, and my (admittedly somewhat
anemic) test suite doesn't detect any problems. I therefore assume that if
there are any issues they are most likely less annoying and confusing than
the weird boolean logic used by the default query parser...

In any case, thanks a lot for this code!